1952, FEBRUARY 11. A small group of earnest Presbyterians started a survey of Bellefonte to establish an interest in a community Church.
1952, FEBRUARY 29. The first meeting was held in the Bellefonte School to introduce a plan for founding the Bellefonte Church. Two families from Bellefonte attended this meeting: The Glenn Hoffmans and the James Dobbins.
1952, APRIL 6. Palm Sunday—The first church school service was held with an attendance of 36, followed by the first actual church service with The Reverend Mr. W.K. Maude in the pulpit.
1952, JUNE. David Rule, a student of Princeton Theological Seminary, was appointed the first minister. He served during the summer months, and the Daily Vacation Bible School and Youth Work were started under his leadership.
1952, AUGUST. The manse was purchased by Lexington-Ebenezer Presbytery for the Bellefonte Church. The manse is located at 119 Caroline Drive.
1952, SEPTEMBER. The Reverend Mr. W. D. Kramer was secured to take the church in the capacity of evangelist until it could be formerly organized.
1952, OCTOBER 21. Presbytery appointed a commission to organize “The Bellefonte Community Church.”
1952, NOVEMBER 16. The Church was formally organized. New members were taken in by letter and also by profession of faith. Officers were elected and thus our church was starting to move. Elders ordained were James Dobbins and Robert Thornley; Deacons ordained were R. G. Hoffman, Emmett Perry and F. K. Sutphen.
1953, SPRING. The Women of the Church were organized.
1953, JUNE. The Reverend Mr. Kramer resigned and the Reverend Mr. W. K. Maude held services until a new minister could be secured.
1953, SUMMER. A 3.4 acre tract of land which was the former casting floor of the old Bellefonte Blast Furnace was given to the church as a building site.
1954, FEBRUARY 16. The Reverend Mr. William E. Garda was called as resident pastor.
1954, SUMMER. The first new members joined the church since its organization.
1954, JUNE. The Ways and Means Committee was appointed by the minister to set in motion plans for the building of a church.
1954, FALL. The membership of the church pledged in excess of $10,000 to establish a Church Building fund.
1954, OCTOBER 17. The Building Committee was elected.
1954, DECEMBER 15. The Building Committee approved the plans submitted by Albert F. Tucker, Architect, and asked for bids from contractors to cover building of the church.
1955, MARCH 13. Ground breaking ceremony.
1955, APRIL 24. The cornerstone was laid at 3:00 P.M.
1955, SEPTEMBER 11. We moved from the school building to the lower level of our new church.
1955, OCTOBER 9. First services were held in the new sanctuary.
1955, OCTOBER 11. Our new church entertained the Fall Meeting of the Lexington-Ebenezer Presbytery.
1955, OCTOBER 23. Dedication of Sanctuary Building.
1966, OCTOBER 23. William E. Garda Christian Education dedicated.
1991, DECEMBER 29. Rev. William E. Garda retires.
1992, FEBRUARY 2. Rev. James Serviss appointed as interim minister.
1993, JULY 1. Rev. Timothy Jessen begins his service with the church.
1993, AUGUST 22. Rev. Timothy Jessen becomes the second formally installed minister in the history of the church.
2000, OCTOBER 29. Praise Pavilion Dedicated.
2001, MARCH 25. Rev. Timothy Jessen ends his service with the church.
2001, JUNE 24. Rev. Fred Hood begins his service as interim minister.
2002, JUNE 23. Rev. Fred Hood ends his service as interim minister.
2002, JULY 1. Rev. Dwight McCormick II begins his service with the church.
2002, JULY 21. Rev. Dwight McCormick II becomes the third formally installed minister in the history of the church
2007, MAY 12. Rev. Dwight McCormick II ends his service with the church.
2007, JUNE The church extended a call to Rev. J. Stewart Schneider, a licensed lay minister of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) to fill its pulpit. Mr. Schneider’s status is Stated Supply Speaker.