The Community Presbyterian Church was built on the casting floor of the old Bellefonte Blast Furnace. Here, on the casting floor, was poured out the iron that built a nation. In the same way, The Community Presbyterian Church takes its congregants, just as they are, and builds from them the Church of Jesus Christ. We don’t offer solutions for the world’s problems. We offer community and encouragement for God’s people, one at a time. We believe that in community, God speaks most clearly, and we work to build that community.
We are firmly rooted in a commitment to traditional worship forms. We are a mature congregation. We have lived through difficult times and found the strength to overcome even crippling life events from the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit. We believe that Holy Scripture is the revealed word of God, and we take it as the foundation of all we do. We also believe that God granted us reason so that we can correctly hear the Message. In our study and our preaching, we read the Scriptures with that in mind. We seek to worship God not as a distant reality whose only function is that of a score keeper, but as a presence within us, moving and directing our lives in the Biblical ideal to love the Lord with all your heart and all your mind and all your strength and your neighbor as yourself. We offer:
- Christ Centered Worship
- Biblically based preaching
- Youth Group Wednesday nights at 6 PM at First Presbyterian in Ashland.
- Worship Service on Sunday Mornings at 10:45 AM
- Women’s Bible Study Tuesdays at 10:30 AM
- Christmas outdoor Living Nativity
- Opportunities for you to share your gifts and needs with a loving, caring community of faith.
With the larger church, we joyfully participate in the Christmas Joy Offering, the Pentecost Offering and in One Great Hour of Sharing. You may find more information on these programs at www.pcusa.org
In the community, we partner with the following agencies in their work to address hunger and suffering and in their work to teach young people how to live in God’s Creation.
- Covenant Partner with CAReS
- Cub Scouts Monday nights at 6PM
- Boy Scouts Monday nights at 7PM
- Alcoholics Anonymous Monday 8PM
- Adopt a Highway, Spring & Fall
- Hosting of Our Lady of Bellefonte’s annual Bicycle Safety Camp
- Hosting Bellefonte’s annual Fourth of July Parade
You are invited to come grow with us, seek God’s will for your life, and share in the joy of God’s grace and mercy. We want to provide a warm and welcoming environment for anyone who is willing to rely upon God for strength and guidance. Come be a part of the life of Christ’s followers.
We are always happy to meet new people – all are welcome!